Sunday, January 27, 2013

Finishing Up the Week

And here are the cards for the last two challenges this week at 365 Cards .

Friday (Day 25) was a color challenge. I love the color challenges!! This week's colors were a pale bluish-gray, cadet blue, apple green, and dark navy. (Part of the fun, I think, is that we all see the colors just a little differently. They look different on my iPhone than they do on the monitor. So it's always open to some interpretation.) Having a palette to work from is helpful in some ways and challenging in others. Usually it forces me to put colors together in a way that I ordinarily wouldn't, or look for certain colors in patterned paper that I might not otherwise see. Anyway, color challenges are my favorite!

This is what I ended up with this week:


365 Cards - Day 25 Color Challenge

These colors just seemed like "little boy" colors to me, so I decided to go with a boy baby card. I used only scraps for the base and background of this card! Woo hoo! Cleanin' that stash out!! The outfit is a from the Baby Boy Clothes digi stamp set by Arty Pants. The sentiment is from a cling set that I have ... no idea who the manufacturer was. :(


Day 26 was "A Button and a Bow" challenge. No other embellishments, just a button and a bow! I kept mine very simple and I'm pleased with the result!


365 Cards - Day 26 "A Button and a Bow"

It reminds me of cherry pie ... which I would rather eat than birthday cake any day! 



Just for fun, I am putting up a couple of pics of a child's birthday card I made using the colors from Friday's challenge. It is cut from the Create a Critter cart on the Cricut. It's the featured project that comes in the instruction book for that cartridge, and because it's not my design, I didn't want to post it as part of the 365 Cards challenge. But I think the colors lend themselves well to that design, and wanted to share the end result.




1 comment:

  1. Your cards are just adorable! Fresh, bright and unique. Thanks for sharing with us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete