Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Week's Worth of Challenges

Yay for three-day weekends! I spent most of the day in my craft room making cards and have finished this week's challenges at 365 Cards . Here they are (with my apologies for the poor picture quality -- we don't have great lighting in our house and it's really bad at night):


Day 13 was a sketch challenge. Lots of ideas floated around in my head, and I decided to go with a graduation card ... I'll be needing them before I know it! 



 The theme for Day 14 was Symmetry. You had to have at least two lines of symmetry or mirror images. I have a vertical line with the paper and with the shape of the embellishment in the center.


Day 15's theme was Fun With Acronyms, and it was fun! Coincidentally, my birthday was this week, and it when a friend messaged HB2U, I knew I had the acronym for my card! :) Love the colors on this one.


Knock, Knock was the theme for Day 16. The requirement was to include a door. The haunted house on this card was cut from the Mini Monsters Cricut cartridge and the sentiment is fussy cut from a sheet of scrapbooking embellishments I've had for a long time. I used chalk to "fog" the edges.


For Day 17, the challenge was Thinking in Threes using three flowers, three buttons, and three pieces of ribbon. The flowers and sentiment are cut from the Cricut Walk in My Garden cart. Took me forever to settle on the design, but I'm happy with the outcome!


Day 18 was a color challenge. The color challenges are becoming my favorite, although I always wonder if I'm getting the right colors. They sometimes look one way on the monitor and another on my phone. I love the earthy tones this week. 


Today's was the most difficult challenge of the week -- Skewed (nothing straight). I am a gal who likes having all the i's dotted and t's crossed ... I will trim and trim and trim to get edges even ... so it about pushed me over the edge to have things askew! As it is, I could have made it a little "wonkier," but it works. It is not quite as neon as it looks in the picture, but it is bright, and it will be a great birthday card for a child.

Whew! All caught up for a few hours. Maybe tomorrow I'll post pics of something other than cards.

3 comments:

  1. yay for getting so many fab cards made :)
    love the haunted house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go on the cards!!!!! soooo much variety!!! LOVE the grad cap with the sketch!! thanks sooo much for joining us with at 365 cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards... love all of them. :)
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards.

    ReplyDelete